22. Charlotte Bobcats- Jared Dudley, SF, Boston College- Intelligent, unselfish and mature. May not have tons of “upside”, but he plays the game correctly and doesn’t do anything badly, a la Shane Battier.
23. New York Knicks- Demetris Nichols, SF, Syracuse- Potentially an MSG fan favorite. A physically and mentally mature player with a strong mid-to-long range game who also plays tough defense.
24. Phoenix Suns- Marco Belinelli, SG, Italy- Belinelli is an athletic guard with speed, quickness and a quick release with legitimate 3-point range- in other words, he’s the perfect
25. Utah Jazz- Sean Williams, C, Boston College- Character issues hurt his stock. Has dominant physical skills, particularly on defense, and has shown consistent improvement. Will prove to be the draft’s biggest steal.
26. Houston Rockets- Marcus Williams, SG,
27. Detroit Pistons- Wilson Chandler, SF, DePaul- Strong and athletic, with a knack for hitting the boards. Although his offensive game needs development, he’s already a very good finisher around the basket.
28. San Antonio Spurs- Arron Afflalo, SG, UCLA- An experienced winner in college. Not an incredible athlete, but plays extremely well in a system and works hard defensively. A perfect fit in
29. Phoenix Suns- Ramon Sessions, PG, Nevada- A strong, unselfish leader with no glaring weaknesses. Like to pass, able to score, in virtually every aspect, Sessions’ game mirrors that of Steve Nash.
30. Philadelphia 76ers- Alando Tucker, SF, Wisconsin- Team player with the size, athleticism and experience to contribute immediately as a weapon on the break. Should work to improve his defense and ball-handling.
Friday, June 22, 2007
2007 NBA Mock Draft- Picks #21-30